Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

An introductory Trafalgar game

A quick blog update as I try to catch up some of the games I have recently played.

Ian had asked if he could have an introductory game of Trafalgar, so we met up at the White Hart last Thursday and I set up a simple action.

We would both have a pair of Third Rates, I take be the French with an 80 gun ship and a 74 gun ship, Ian would have the Royal Navy with a 74 gun ship and a 64 gun ship (you cad I hear you say, well read on).

From experience I find that this is usually a well matched pair of ships for an introductory game. Not so in this case. Ian opened up with the traditional beginners luck, and I spent many turns on fire, with jammed rudders or just unable to shoot. After about a dozen turns I had one ship completely de-crewed and the other sailing off into the distance with broken rudder lines. Ian had taken no damage on his 64 and only moderate damage on his 74, a resounding victory to the Royal Navy.

Here are a few shots from the game, the ships are all 1:2400 scale from Tumbling Dice painted by myself.









1 comment:

  1. Bah! Don't listen to him! It wasn't beginner's luck at all! It was superior seamanship throughout! :D

    Thanks for the game! I had great fun, as always. I look forward to our next encounter...

    Cheers, Ian.

    ReplyDelete