Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Look, I said I'm not buying any figures for any new projects

And I'm sticking to it!

Honest!

But my friends keep under-mining me.

James - the ginger one on the right in the Waterloo photo above - has decided that he wants to play Gladiators. It all sounds very good, but I'm sticking to my guns. So to undermine me, he goes and buys some Crusader Miniatures Gladiators, and then gives me one, just as a taster, you know.

Of course I have to go and paint it, and I've started making an arena, but I draw the line at buying figures.

Here's my Murmillo, hopefully he'll stay very lonely.




The base is quite plain, as the arena floor will just be sanded.

9 comments:

  1. Ha, I know that feeling.

    But remember, thats no miniatures thats a figurine. And those are okay to collect because thats art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well give in a little bit more...after all, a mate who is giving away free mini's is a mate who needs to be supported.

    Excellent paintjob, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking gladiator. But who can have just one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Scrivs.

    I've been spending the last year trying to get rid of surplus 'lead'! I've really cut down on the amount of mini's I buy these days.... i've got to admit, it really wasn't easy lol :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work. Resistance is futile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can never have enough lead (or plastics)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Gladiator, becomes 2 Gladiator, becomes 5 Gladiators ... becomes Spartacus Gladiator rebellion army lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks great - I love the white shield! How can you possibly resist more lead, Paul, especially gladiators? You only need a "couple" more figures you know to start your own ludus. ;) And if James' intent is to help him play test Blood on the Sands, I must support that notion too!

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete